1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaking Meyer E-47 - Need advice/help.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jason Pallas, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

It's been a little while since I took an E-47 apart - so, I figured I'd defer to a few of you for advice.
    Here's the problem - I've got a slower leak that is coming from one of the hex bolts that holds the valve body onto the plow. It's the top rear hex bolt that's nearest the crossover valve assembly that's leaking.
    Here's my question: The crossover valve seems to working fine and the plow is otherwise working fine. However, the C valve failed a while ago (we replaced it) and I believe as I was trouble shooting the problem - I remember fluid shooting out of the this hex bolt area (as if an O-ring blew - relieving pressure from the stuck C valve). Are there O-rings behind these hex bolts that seal this? Is this a simple o-ring replacement that I need to do or am I looking at having to rebuild the crossover, check, pilot valves etc...
    Thanks in advance for all the help - hoping that someone can help me troubleshoot this and save some time.

Thanks again.
  2. Jason Pallas

C'mon ... somebody...... plowsite brothers don't fail me......
  3. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

4. Jason Pallas

Thanks - I've got this manual, but it doesn't address this particular leak/seal. I was hoping somebody on plowsite had some firsthand experience.
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Some of the bolts have a "Nitrile washer" ( Not sure of spelling) that seals the bolt at the washer / bolt head. I know the tank / lift cylinder has them. I got mine at Home Depot in the plumbing department, believe it or not. The bit's and pieces parts drawers.This may cure it for now too. Meyer site has manuals and Millsupply.com-too . A small leak I would wait till the season's over till I really dug into the problem.
  6. Jason Pallas

Thanks - that was what I was looking for. I think I will wait until the end of the season. The leak isn't horrible - they had to refill the resevoir twice in anout 9 hours of plowing. It's something that I can live with for now - as opposed to getting into a rebuild that's more involved that I expected - just as a big March storm barrels down on us.
  7. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

I assume you are talking about the power angle block where the B & C valves and coils are. There are no o-rings behind the four bolts. If you were to pull off the four bolts, you will find three o-rings clustered together in about the center of the power angle block. If fluid is leaking out of one of the four bolt holes that hold the block to the pump, then either one of these o-rings may have failed or a bolt maybe missing or there might be a small crack. Either way, if it isn't leaking all that bad, then yes, wait till spring. :drinkup: