1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leaking lift ram

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nassa, Feb 13, 2009.

1. nassa

nassa Junior Member

Hi guys i bought the xls 8-10 back in Oct 2008 put it on a 2008 f350 6.4, my problem is it's leaking from the top of the lift ram. I taken it back 2 times, The first time he said he tighten the nut, the second time he said he replaced the seals in the lift ram, But again it's still leaking, What do i do, he is the dealer and should know how to fix these things, go back again or call fisher

IMG_2691.jpg

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

He didnt do it right bring it back

3. LON

LON Senior Member

What would tightening the nut do on a low friction cylinder? It can't go tighter and do anything as there is no chevron style packing to compress. I would say take it back and have them look at it again. Check for scoring and to make sure the "passage" in the guide ring on the end of the rod is open.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I would go to a different dealer an notify Fisher direct.