1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaking lift cylinder

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Brad3403, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

My lifting cylinder on my sno-way v plow leaked yesterday. How do you lift it to get it home. Tried lifting and strapping it to the light bar but it didn't hold it up. Any suggestions? I tried the metal clamp before on one and it didn't seem to work.

2. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Buy u a western and short chain it! I dont know though seriously weve never had that problem on a boss my guess would be get it off the truck and lift it in the bed or on a trailer with a couple of buddies.

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Is this a 28 V or a new megav? Where is it leaking from? Hopefully some one can more this to the snoway forum.

Cheers

4. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I used the collar once and it worked fine. As far as a fix to your problem with the cylinder, go to the Sno Way forum and post.

Basher and Toby 4492 will get right on it.