1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaking Hydraulic Hose

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cclc1021, Feb 14, 2010.

1. cclc1021

cclc1021 Junior Member

During the storm the other night I had to replace my hydraulic hose and coupler. Later on I noticed it leaking fluid from both ends. Now I have to add fluid a lot more often then usual Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. k5PlowGuy

k5PlowGuy Member

Did you use teflon tape on the threads when you replaced the hose? If not take the hose and coupler back off and wrap teflon tape on the threads to stop the leaks.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That sounds right, k5.

4. cclc1021

cclc1021 Junior Member

No I didn't use the teflon tape but I will go out and grab some tomorrow. Here in MD they are calling for more snow so I want to be ready. Thanks guys!!!

5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Quite honestly you should never have to add fluid throughout the season unless you have a leak. If you have a leak, you should fix it. Wether it's a hose, a seal, a gasket, or whatever they are all easy cheap fixes, compared to replacing a pump, or a motor cause they burned up.