1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaking hydraulic fluid above cork - please HELP

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by oldschoolcraig, Dec 8, 2007.

1. oldschoolcraig

oldschoolcraig Junior Member

I need help trying to figure this out. I have a hydraulic leak at the motor, above the cork seal. I've replaced the cork and even put cork seal on it and it still leaks at the flange where the two bolts mount it to the housing. It is not leaking at the cork part, it is above the cork.

I have it off the truck right now and it's not leaking sitting flat on my workbench, but when mounted at an angle on the truck it leaks.

Have a Western Isarmatic Mark III A cable control pump. It's old, but still works great except for this leak.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

oldy but goody

is it leaking above the motor flange ,if so sounds like the motor shaft seal is bad letting it leak from the motor housing .

3. oldschoolcraig

oldschoolcraig Junior Member

so, there's a seal?

Can I replace that seal or do I have to replace the whole motor? Thanks so much for helping - I didn't know there was a seal there.

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

leaky

western does sell it also if you have a bearing house near you and have the id and od and thickness of the seal you can get a seal ,most auto parts store's any more are worth less to get seals from unless its in the computer . napa used to be good .old time part's stores are a thing of the past . i believe the western # is 49014