1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaking fuel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Stud Bro, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

I fired up the truck this morning (99 F250 7.3L) and i noticed it was dripping. Traced it back and the bleeder line for the pressure relief valve if leaking i wiggled it back and forth but cant get it to stop. I called My mechanic and he said this is a common problem and that he has already done 6 this year. Is this something i can replace my self or should i leave it to him. He ordered me the part today and said he would have it tomorrow morning and could get it in right away. Any suggestions should i leave it to him of should i do it my self, also any idea on the cost. let me know thanks.

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

are you sure its not the o-rings at the fuel bowl there the dain is ? thats the most common fuel leak that there is its a every easy fix just get the o-rings then bleed off fuel pressure repair and then fire her up check for leaks . i'd thorw a filter in if havn't changed it along time

3. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

i dont know what is the culprit all i know is the fuel is coming right out the hose

4. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

what hose ? can get a pic for use if coming out of passager side there a drain hose there for fuel filter / fuel bowl it may not be closed 100% . there should be a metal hard lines coming into the bowl