1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaking Fluid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 042500hd, Jan 23, 2005.

1. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

My Boss plow is leaking fluid when I raise the blade. It's leaking from what looks like a bolt on the back side of the lift cylinder when I raise it fully I hear what sounds like pressure being released from this bolt then a little bit of fluid follows. I'm at a loss here as to what's causing it. Any input as to what I should be doing would be appreciated. The owners manual was useless.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  2. BluePowerRam

BluePowerRam Junior Member
    from PA

Sounds like your talking about the breather valve.

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

what year plow and what type? i dont think there is a bolt on the back of the lift cylinder? did you mean the tower. there is a breather on top of the resevoir in the tower. if your put to much fluid in it will leak out.

4. BluePowerRam

BluePowerRam Junior Member
    from PA

Sorry I quess I'm tired and didn't read your post right. I was talking about the tower.
    I have a Fisher mm2 and there is no bolt on the lift cylinder.

5. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Breather Valve

The plow is brand new '04. A breather valve may be what I'm talking about. It is on the rear of the lift cylinder at the top. This problem just started I haven't added any fluid, however I did dismount it earlier and had to pull the light bar down usually it falls almost by itself I think I may have forgotten to put it in float. When I puuled the light bar down that's when the first bit of fluid leaked out, since then everytime I fully raise it I can hear pressure being released followed by a spray or small trickle of fluid. Any thoughts as to what's wrong if anything.

6. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Still lost

Talked to my useless dealer they tell me they can look at it in about a week!!!! So I called another dealer they say it sounds like the seal on the lift cylinder blew. Anyway it snowed hear all afternoon so I had to plow I was checking it regularly to make sure it didn't get worse, but now it seems to have stopped. When I raise the plow air is released, with just a mist of fluid. Is it possible some fluid had gotten forced into an area it shouldn't have been, andwas just working it's way out? I know somebody on hear has a clue as to what's going on with this please share it with me.