1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leakin salt in curtis spreader

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by wild bill, Feb 10, 2007.

1. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

my boss was in several day ago on plowsite.com and he found somebody Had pictures posted on the problem of salt leaking out of their Curtis vee box spreader into the front of the pickup bed and now i cannot find it if any body can point me to it i would appreciate it i want to show it to the Curtis rep seeing as they are made for them and have to repaired in the field by their customers.! please e-mail me a notice seabee2@mchsi.com
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  2. dbreault

dbreault Member

There is a gap at the front end of the spreader, mostly to allow flex and movement in the chain. some customers who feel they are getting too much flow will just put a rubber flap on the inside just to cut down on the waste.
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

thanks we are trying this out now!