1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leak under front driver side wheel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by XxChevy-HDxX, Apr 10, 2012.

1. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Hey guys i have this small leak under my front driver side wheel. I was wondering if you guys could possible tell me what it might be. truck is a 2006 Silverado 2500HD

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Gonna need a little more info. Coolant? Oil? Trans fluid? Power steering fluid? Brake fluid? Is it a gasser or a Dmax?

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Probably power steering, if it's not a brake. The power steering pump, most of the lines, and cooler are all there, just had to replace the cooler on my 04 last fall.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe diff fluid

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Not out by the tire.

Shouldn't be tough to figure out what's leaking

6. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

Probably the caliper leaking brake fluid. My Tahoe and Silverado did this. Easiest way to find out if this is it is to see if the inside of the tire is wet after being parked for a while. Good luck!

7. dieselss

If its 4x4. Axle seal...that's right by the tire

8. dieselss

Nevermind. I got Fords on the brain....

9. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

thanks for the responses guys and i found the problem its the power steering pipe leaking