1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leaf vac mounted on a Snoway mount

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dmontgomery, Sep 24, 2008.

1. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

the mounts I had made

DSC01938.jpg

2. dmontgomery

Billy Goat vac mounted.....

DSC01940.jpg

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That looks good. Nice job. Nice truck too BTW

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice work! how many hp, 16 or 18?

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

So...you like shovel snow into it and it blows it into a trailer or something? That's pretty cool if it's something you need :dizzy:

:jester:

6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i guess he just sucks the leafs right off the trees... lol
    :jester:

IDK looks like something tim allen would make. JK looks very cool! :cool:

7. dmontgomery

It is actually 13hp.......it works well but I will upgrade for next season......

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good man! I guess you have a dump insert? Does it fill up really quic on you??

9. dmontgomery

yes I have a dump insert......I have not used it for leaves yet.....but last year I had a box on my dump trailer the held 5 cubic yards.......it worked great........the box I have for the insert is a little larger.....

10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

must've been a pretty small dump trailer then?............I get sooo many leaves here, that I can fill up a 12' grain body dump with another 3' of box on just two decent sized yards.......thats with like a 30hp loader too!

11. dmontgomery

it is a 6x12 dump trailer but I only boxed the front 4 feet so I could still haul blower, mowers, etc.......

12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

That looks real cool...nice job man!

13. 06HD BOSS

Nice, that'll work fine. I picked up a billygoat with a 16hp on it. picked it up used, like brandnew. It actually is on a MM2 frame lol...gonna hafta change that soon.

I think the guys in the northeast can agree to this...you havent experienced a leaf cleanup untill youve done one up here.

14. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

isn't that the truth! 3 ebz 8001s, 1 br 400 & a leaf plow and I still don't think I have enough!:bluebounc maybe the billy goat 18hp force this year.....

15. 06HD BOSS

That sucker is heavy! we gotta keep this plow related or itll get locked down. good thing you talked about the leaf plow :cool:

16. dmontgomery

I am sure leaf clean up is a whole different animal up there.......but for here this rig works great.......I just bought a Force 13 HP.......it is heavy also...

SO now I have a Cyclone Rake
    Shindiawa BP
    Force 13hp
    BG truck loader 13hp
    and a HH Stihl blower....

I was thinking about a leaf plow for the Stander.......

17. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Dumb question, but what and where are you blowing the leaves into?

18. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Well, usually a person rakes up or uses blowers to make a big pile of leaves and then sucks them up with this unit and blows them into a box of some sort. The box can be on a dump trailer, dump truck or what ever a person wants to haul the leaves to a dump site. The loader itself will reduce the leaves 12:1 so, u can really haul alot of leaves offsite. We have a loader on a 1 ton dump w/ a 12ft body and can get about 15 cu. yds. in it.:D

19. dmontgomery

here is the leaf box........paint and PVC pipe tomorrow.....

DSC01941.jpg

20. dmontgomery

dumping..........it hold about 5.5 cubic yards

DSC01942.jpg