1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leaf springs

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by karl klein, Feb 24, 2002.

1. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i own a 76' 3/4ton and the leaf springs are warn out i was wondering if the springs for a 76' one ton would mount up with it

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

I believe that if the 1-ton springs you're mentioning are out of a SRW truck they should bolt up no problem. Dually springs are about 3" longer I believe.

Are these new or used springs you're referring to? If they are a used set of '76 ones they may be as worn as the current set, if you have a good spring shop reasonably close to you it may be worth checking out new if you plan to keep this truck for a while. On the K-35 project I'm currently knee-deep in, I went brand new everything for the rear springs and it only came to $1,000 Cdn and that was for good heavy 1-ton dually springs & hardware.