1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaf Springs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SuperDuty, Sep 20, 2007.

1. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

Just snapped one leaf on the right rear of the truck of my 99 SD...any ideas as to cost for the replacement and the repair?
  2. Bigblue250

Bigblue250 Member

I paid just over $160 a piece from the local spring shop and did it my self.
  3. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

i did the same thing around here there 244 for heavey duty 1-1/2 ton capacity
  4. Novi plow boy

Novi plow boy Member

I snapped 3 of the leafs on the rear driver side, I had the local shop fix the 3 broken ones and add a leaf to all corners of the truck and it was 625 out the door. It made the truck have a harder ride but for towing it is awsome the truck doesnt even sag with a 20' enclosed trailer.

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

twice my 99 sd

I have broken mine twice i think i paid 180 a side
  6. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

$150-$200 depending on where you go
  7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

My Brother in-law just had it done on his 99 S.D. V10 Crew cab long bed 4X4. It was $650 at a local spring shop. Both sides had broken leafs.The shop said cheap Mexican steel is to blame! He said OEM Ford springs are $200 a side for the parts.
    He never thought to ask me if we could do the job our selfs!
    DUH !
  8. Bigblue250

Bigblue250 Member

I carry a lot of weight everyday(welding truck) so I made a big azz leaf pack with some junk yard springs. My leaf packs are now almost double what the factory pack is, and no problems for over a year.
  9. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

just replaced mine in a 99 SD 7.3 It cost me 450.00 for the springs, with one more per side. Put them in myself.
  10. Check Ebay, I see a lot of springs for sale for Ford truck on there. Problem is, shipping will run the price up, those things are heavy. Always replace both sides at the same time.
  11. miracle

miracle Junior Member

I had two broken on driver side and one on the passager side I replace two spring on each side it cost me 400.00 out the door. I have a local shop do it.
  12. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

Thanks for all of your posts!! Looking at about $350.00!!