1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leaf springs?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mopar/hiniker, Jan 25, 2007.

1. mopar/hiniker

mopar/hiniker Junior Member
    from iowa

will 2500 heavy duty leaf springs fit in my 2001 sport 1500 if not what are the best air bags for it i would really like to get leaf springs for it but not those plastic helper springs? thanks mopar man

2. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

3. edosher

edosher Member

2500 leaf springs

Sorry pal, all 1500 and some light duty 2500 had 2 1/2" wide reaf springs while the 2500 HD and 3500's have 3" wide leafs. You cannot change the springs without also changing your rear shakles, front and rear spring hangers (which are rivited to the frame). If you can find a late model 2500 in the junk yard, you may get lucky for the parts. But good luck, I have only seen two stripped Dodges in the past 3 years.

Why not put an add-a-leaf in your rear leafs? this will give you additional payload with a firmer ride. check out pavementsucks.com pirate4x4.com for info or deals.

Hope that I helped you out