1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leaf springs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Mr Budget, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Mr Budget

Mr Budget Junior Member

Is it common for a 1990 F350 to have leaf springs in the front this is a 4x6 ?

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

4x6? Do you mean 4x4? Leaf springs were used in the heavier 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. They are now using coils. I believe a 1990 350 4x4 was only offered with leaf springs

3. Mr Budget

Mr Budget Junior Member

yes, 4x4 but it has dual wheels 1990

4. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

yeah they all have leafs in the 4x4's until this year with the 2005s which are now coils

the 150 4x4s were coils in those years along with the 2x4's

dually dosent matter....they still have the same fronts hopefully you have a soild beam front....its supposed to have it anyhow....

independant front is ok just the alignment goes out ever 2000 miles...why do you ask?

by now if its a normal work truck that 1990 prolly has some weak springs, might consider replacing or adding a few leaves or....at least get an add a leaf or air bag kit...

5. Mr Budget

Mr Budget Junior Member

I thought it was different becuse of how strong it is. when lifting the plow it barely moves, this is good, right? the truck sits up tall and is very sturdy the plow is a 7 1\2 foot Meyer steel blade

6. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

yeah thats awesome to hear, the less movement the better

who cares if it rides like a pogo stick..

7. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Mr. Budget, that sounds like a real beast you got there. My guess is that it needs like a 8 foot Fisher or Blizzard steel plow. I hope you realize what a great find you have got there.

-Thann