1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leaf spring question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowin207, Jan 26, 2010.

1. plowin207

plowin207 Member

i have a broken leaf spring and i think rather than just replacing the broken one i would prefer to replace the whole assembaly and possibly both sides any advice helping me one way or the other would be greatly appreciated cause i need to make up my mind and fix it before the next storm comes thanks in advanced

and does anybody know of a place to get leafsprings on line or a good reliable place in southern maine
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

junk yard ??
  3. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Good idea on changing the whole spring. I have heard if you change just one, the new one will be a different curve and you will just break others. A junk yard would be a good place to get used. If you get new and only do one side, the truck may sit lop-sided.
  4. bossman1352

bossman1352 Junior Member

If you ever want to put a lift in this would be the time. If you are looking to spend less money, you could hit a junk yard like Cumberland Salvage in Cumberland, Gorham auto Parts or Scarborough Auto Parts. I have done business with all of these few and they are all reputable. I would also agree that you should change them both, and try to get two from the same truck from the junk yard.
  5. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

if you don't do both you'll still have to have them re- arched . so do the broken one then have both re-arched