1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leaf spring question and any upgrades i may need (pics)

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Itsdoubletime, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

i have a 2000 ford f250 superduty 5.4 i am new to plowing and wondering if i should replace leaf springs before season and if i need any upgrades to shocks or anything else for that matter before i start.i am trying to avoid a breakdown if possible lol pictured below is the shocks i currently hae on the truck gabrielle ultras and if any one can think of anything else i should check to see if it needs to be replaced before i pop the plow on thanks guys

leaffront5.jpg

leaffront2.jpg

leaffront.jpg

leafrear.jpg

crackedleaf.jpg

2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Wouldnt hurt to put new bilstens but you should be good. I would check more front end parts. Also id undercoat that truck especially if you want to plow for a few more seasons.

3. fireside

fireside Senior Member

That last picture it has a broken spring. That will be need to changed even to drive it. Make sure you change both not just the one side

4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Rearvspring is broken. Replace the pair. You'll know more about the front when you mount the plow. I'm not a big fan of Timbren style crutches.