1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leaf spring bolts

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowin207, Feb 5, 2010.

1. plowin207

plowin207 Member

im going to be replacing my leaf springs tomorow any hints tips on making the project easier would be great the only real hard part i see looking at it would be getting the bolts out. i might be wrong so that's why i asked thanks for the help oo ya it is a 01 sierra k1500

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Soak the crap out of them with pb blaster. Then use a good impact gun to bust them loose. A lil heat never hurts too

3. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Have fun you need to pull the fuel tank to unbolt the drivers side.

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Spring shop....Fast and cheap... not just for big rigs you know. Ours happens to be our snow plow dealer, open till 2:00 am.It's an evening job for them. When I upgraded my 96 springs with extra it was dropped off at 7:00 pm( the wife and I went shopping at costco and had a nice dinner and picked the truck up at 10:00pm.) Best $400 bucks I ever spent on that truck. (Oh yeah May not need replacing if they ain't broke, get them resprung and add 2 new to each side.) Think I spent more at costco...