1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lead filled blade !!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by apik1, Feb 10, 2008.

1. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

My friend picked up a 98 Chevy 3500 reg cab 4x4 with a meyer st-90 and an E60. Well he brought it over, and the previous owner had welded the full length of the angle frame to the mold board. I thought it was odd, and when he dropped the blade it made a louder than normal bang on the shop floor. Upon inspection the frame was FILLED with LEAD!!!!! :eek: :dizzy: I am not sure how much, but this thing scraped ice like a grader and back dragged like a rear plow. I want to get it on a scale to see.

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I feel bad for the pump and the truck for having to hold the weight.

3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

all else fails open it up and take it to the scrap yard cash man

4. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

Good idea but I think I would just drill a hole in the bottom and heat the frame with a torch and melt the lead out. Rather than scrap a whole plow just to "get the lead out":dizzy::dizzy:

Sorry I couldn't resist.

5. KGRlandscapeing

i didnt mean scrap the blade i ment scrap the lead as in remove it from the blade

6. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

Gottcha. guess I just misread it.

7. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

didn't someone say it scraped and back dragged good ???
    why would take the weight out.....

8. KGRlandscapeing

well if its not snowing who needs it scrape or back drag

9. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

do you have any pics of the plow?

10. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

No but I will get some, but it does not look any differant, other than the angles are fulley welded to the plow skin, and a plug weld to seal the top