1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ld Or Rd On 06 F 150

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BKFC255, Feb 24, 2008.

1. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I Was Wondering What Should I Get The Ld Or Rd For My 06 F150? It Is Ext Cab Sb With The 5.4. I Was Looking At A Sw Plow But I Love My Trip Edge And Dont Want To Give It Up. Can My Truck Handle The Rd? I Do About 15 Drive Ways. I Have A Mm1 Whith Shep And It Is A Old Rd Being Only 26" High. But I Love The Plow. Could I Convert It To Work On My New Truck Or Not Worth The Effort? Any Ideas I Am Open To Them. I Just Dont Think The Ld Comes Close To My Mm1 I Have Now.

2. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

If you want to spend the money on a new plow, go ahead with the RD your truck can handle it. Converting your old RD to work on your truck is not completely out of the question all you will need is the truckside mounts and probably a new wiring harness, all together a couple hundred dollars unless you can find some on ebay. Good luck

3. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Heres My New Problem I Have Called 4 Fisher Dealers And All They Will Do Or Say The Truck Can Handle Is Homesteader And Two Of Them Said I Could Put The Ld On The Truck, But Not The Rd. Can I Get A Meatal Cutting Edge For The Ld? One Dealer Said All Fisher Makes Is The Poly.

4. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Ok, my next question for you is, your truck is extended cab short box right...is it the 5.5ft bed or the 6.5ft bed?
    The Dealers that told you they can only put a homesteader on your F150 dont deserve your business because fishers ematch on their website says you can get a LD.

Legal Matters are what keep dealers from putting larger plows on trucks, federal law says they have to keep under the weight when you have like 3 passengers in the truck, which nobody really plows with all their buddies along for the ride:dizzy:. As for your question about a steel cutting edge, yes you should be able to seem as though the bolt pattern for 7 1/2ft plows are the same and they used to offer them as an option.

If you still want an RD plow, tell the dealer Cash and carry and put it on yourself, ive heard its not that hard.

5. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

It Has A 6.5' Bed. I Guess That Is What I Will Have To Do Is Cash And Carry. But Does It Effect The Warrenty? I Only Plow With My Dog. I Think It Also States In The Owners Manual About Passengers In The Truck I Will Have To Look For It. I Think It States No Passengers Should Be In The Truck While The Plow Is On The Truck Anyways. Plus As Soon As I Am Done It Comes Right Off. I Dont Keep It On The Truck For To Long Just For The Storm.

6. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Well the warranty issue i don't really know for sure. You should just check with the dealer on that one. Logic tells me that there should still be coverage on the plow because you are buying it from a dealership, the only thing that putting it on yourself changes is IF the plow causes damage to the truck at all they cannot be held accountable. You know what i mean? With that said, there are alot of guys out there who carry the same if not heavier plows all winter long. So as long as you don't beat on it to hard you'll be good to go.