1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lawnsite get together bbq?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow, Aug 19, 2000.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

while cutting a lawn today(i get my best ideas when cutting lawns), i got an idea of having a bbq for everyone on the plow forum. i'm justing wondering if anyone else is interested in it? i'm thinking about having it around upstate ny/ct (like around danbury/near poughipsee). i think it would be cool. all of us could trade photos, info, have "seminars" or stuff like that. to cover the cost of food , maybe we could pay a small fee or something. who knows, maybe some of you guys can do product demos or stuff like that. anyone think this might work? any idea? please respond to this post.

thanks guys,

bryan

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I'd go

It's quite a drive for me, but I'd go

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I have an Aunt & Uncle near Poughkipsee that I'm overdue for a visit. If I could schedule both at the same time I'd go too.

4. snow

anyone else?

is anyone else interested in this idea? i think if would be fun. if we would have this, we need a few more people that're interested.

bryan

5. slingshot

slingshot Junior Member

I would go. let me know when and were

6. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

I would also go. Just let me know when and where and I am there.

7. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

BARBEQUE

I would be happy to have it at my shop in Poughkeepsie N.Y. and have already talked to some plow dealers and Pro Tec who said they would love to come and show there products.We would also demonstrate the Magic and other products.This would be a great start to an annual event that could grow larger with each season.

8. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Sounds like a good time. I'll be there provided I don't have duty.
    Ray

9. steveair

steveair Senior Member

Not too far for me,

I can probably get the company to cover the whole trip with pay for days taken off since they didn't send me to the snow symposium in buffalo this year, so I am definitely in.

steveair

10. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Sorry the only time I get to The East is for a high school class reunion and this isnt my year. But hey make it an annual event and then maybe next year

11. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Count me in too, im only 25 minutes from John's place

12. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

bbq

Brian, is the bbq on or dead? I have a few local guys that will go too.

13. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

barbeque

Brian and i are trying to put this thing together and we will let everyone know soon as far as a date is concerned.A Saturday will probably work best for all we will keep u posted

14. Shellie

Shellie Junior Member

BBQ/DEMO

If you "guys" are still thinking about doing this get-together, and you want any help organizing it - let me know!

1.To get mfgs/dealers/distributors in the area to come to show and demo their products,
    2.Promotional materials, copies of Turf magazine and free subscription cards for everyone who attends, etc.

We are interested in getting involved in events like this and others around the country. It's a great idea and glad to see their is so much interest.

Shellie Beauparlant
    Turf Magazine
    shelliebeau@yahoo.com
    800/422-7147

15. snow

IT'S STILL ON

don't worry guys, the BBQ is still on. As for dates, we're shooting for Saturday September 16th or sunday the 17th.

shellie wrote>1.To get mfgs/dealers/distributors in the area to come to show and demo their products,
    2.Promotional materials, copies of Turf magazine and free subscription cards for everyone who attends, etc.

Ok shelly, Miketech from this forum willbe bringing a curtis plow and sander, protech will have a booth there, I'm hoping either vince or dino can bring some edges and john said that his local dealer will bring some products down. maybe we could even get the local DPW to bring a truck down. Everything Snow and Ice newsletter will be co-sponsoring the BBQ. I will be bringing a lot of the summer issue, and the septembers one (if they're published by then). I will be bringing my photo collection (250 photos +) along with my recent ones from my trip to canada. i hope you guys will bring some photos of your trucks in action, worst stuck,etc.

bryan

[Edited by snow on 09-05-2000 at 04:00 PM]

16. Mike_Smith

Mike_Smith Member

This sort of talk isn't allowed on this forum, maybe other forums allow it, but not here.

[Edited by Eric ELM on 09-04-2000 at 04:04 AM]

17. Mike_Smith

Mike_Smith Member

Ok, I was just joking obviously.

18. administrator

administrator Guest

<b>
    I read over your post but did not find a single
    joke in there. Some people take this very seriously and several people emailed me requesting your IP address so they could track you down and fax this discussion to your local
    authorities.

I did not give them any information but PLEASE don't do that again!

Chuck Keough
    LawnSite.com</b>

19. Mike_Smith

Mike_Smith Member

LoL, Stupid people. Yeah that story really sounded realistic. Hunting bums, yeah...
    Local authorities, give me a break. Its the internet number one, were allowed to say what we want. Its called freedom of speech. Number 2, unless something like that actually happened EXACTLY as I said it happened. They'd laugh at you and tell you to go home. I know, I'm a former cop. When I say exactly, I mean minute details that no one, but the killer and the detectives would know. What a bunch of loosers. I won't talk like that anymore if you don't want me to. Comon guys, You better notify the authorities before I show up at your BBQ... LOL.

20. Shellie

Shellie Junior Member

Hi guys,
    Well, I was very confused for a while after those last few posts - was worried I had said something wrong. Evidently it was someone else who had. Anyway, good luck on the BBQ and let me know if we can help.

Shellie