1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lawnsite.com is one year old today

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Eric ELM, Dec 21, 2000.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

Today is one year after launching Lawnsite.com and it has become a great site to learn, share, and make friends. You have a big hit here Chuck and I'm proud to be a member and a moderator of this fine site. May this site go on forever.

I hope others have learned as much as I have.
  2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I have definately learned a lot from this forum! Thanks to all!!!

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Happy Birthday.
    It's come a long way in one year.....
  4. Matt

Matt Member

Happy Birthday

With many more to come, great site.
  5. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

6. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Happy Birthday Lawnsite, Many many more!!!!

Great site, very informational, and a blast. I feel as if I've know most of you for years.and its only been a few short months.

Thinks SNOW !!!

A Happy and Safe Holiday season to all.
  7. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

I too would like to thank all those involved in starting this forum and those who freely share their experience, and knowledge with rookies like myself. I'd also like to wish everybody a safe, healthy & happy holiday. And Santa if your reading this, we could use some more snow in the Philly area.

8. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

happy birthday. i don't know if one word can describe it, but here goes. "AWSOME" thanks to everyone and happy hollidays, JIM
  9. MJ

MJ Senior Member

Happy Birthday and Thanks. Like I keep telling my wife, I'm learning so much, so fast, it's almost scary.

10. RB

RB Senior Member

Thanx a million!

I truly appreciate the way the experienced guys share info and are helpful.

I hope I can return the favor one day.

11. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Time sure flies when you're having fun! As always, I cannot thank Chuck Keough enough for creating Lawnsite (or the very first, "Lawnicure" forum, or the old "Hall of Forums") Glad to see this forum is as successful as it is! Many of you have only been here a short time, but the plowing forum has been around almost as long as the lawn forums. I am just glad Chuck kept the snow forum alive the whole time.

I would also like to thank Eric ELM for all his hard work and dedication. A lot goes on "behind the scenes" here, Eric does his share and then some!

Three years ago, there was nothing on the web for those who mow, or those who plow, thanks to Chuck Keough and others here (you know who you are) we all have a home on the net!

~Chuck Smith
  12. Eric ELM

from Chicago

I too would like to thank Chuck Keough for setting up these forums and all the time and money he spends for us to have a place like this. I also think Chuck Smith deserves a big thanks for all the work he puts into this Snow Forum. I know he does lots of extras here and it takes lots of time and dedication.
  13. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Lawnsite is the best-i stop in at least twice a day now that im working less.Thanks to all the moderators,especially Chuck and Eric,who have devoted lots of personal time to make sure this site continues to be a success.

I feel like most of you's here are my friends and i hope everyone else feels the same.

May this site continue to grow and all the members continue to share their wealth of experience and knowledge with other members.The real world experience we all have contributed here has more worth more than any book could contain.

I have personally learned a lot from all of you guys,I respect almost all of your opinions and have tried things i otherwise never ever would think about trying,(double blades),(pro wings),(magic salt)all come to mind quickly.

Happy Birthday Lawnsite
  14. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

Habby Burpday!

Thanks to those who put this together. It is now one of my most-visited sites, and it is easy here to get the feeling that I do personally know the others.

Merry Christmas to all.
  15. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Kudos and Megadittos.

This site is my favorite stop for both landscaping and snowplowing. I've learned so much and enjoy the company. My hats off to Chuck and all of you moderators. Happy Holidays to everyone.
  16. Mowman

Mowman Junior Member

I've been a member since it was the Hall of Forums on turfquip.com. I have learned a great deal of information from everyone at this site and the old site. I met a guy named MOW ED and we talk back and forth at least once a week about our Walkers. I live in Northwest Ohio and he lives in Green Bay Wis. Someday I hope to drive up there and meet him in person. I have also helped others I hope. Only being in business for 3 years part-time I know I don't have the insite that you guy's that are full-time have. I'm here to learn just like everyone else and give an opinion on some of the things that I have learned, from here and trial & error. I feel we are all friends here, at least I hope so. I don't feel any question is a dumb one. I'm sure someone on this site can answer it or set you in the right direction to get a quality answer.
    I want to thank Chuck for starting this thing we call lawnsite and Eric ELM for all his knowledge in this business we call Lawn Care.
    Everyone Take Care and Have a Very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    Steve Knapp
    AKA Mowman
  17. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Best thing that ever happened to a rookie contractor like me!!! Thanks and Happy Birthday
  18. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Did the total registered users ever reach the goal?
  19. Eric ELM

from Chicago

Actually Chuck's goal last January was to hit 1000 members by Dec. 21, 2000. I told him I thought we would have at least 1400. We hit 1000 in around 6 months, so I upped my guess to around 2,000 members by Dec. 21. We came darn close to doubling his goal. :)