1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Tractor Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AFM Contracting, Oct 5, 2006.

1. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

Is it worth it to put a blade on a John Deere lawn tractor? I kinda thought it would be useful for sidewalks, driveways ect. As a bonus I could probably use it in the summer for grading ect. aswell. For $300 I think its worth it.

Any suggestions?

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'm thinking the same thing.

3. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

I like the idea. What model? Might have to look at something from agri-fab maybe

4. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

mine is an lx172... just a little one... i think its got 14 or 17 hp or something... but the dealer has a used one for my model and they want $300. A new one is $660

5. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i have a plow on my garden tractor, its a 42 inch with tire chains, it works well for what it is, the tractor is a 20hp v-twin. ive pushed up to one foot of snow with it, but once you stop, your all done !! if your going to use it on walks around a building,it will work great for you, if your going to use it on a walk near the road, forget it, i would get the blower attachment instead... hope this helps you guys...

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I have one on a JD 160. It was the way I got started. I love it. Does a great job. Well worth $300. If you don't mind a drive I have a 42" plow and mounts for sale for $275.