1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lawn man ?snow plowman

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by totalsnow of ky, Oct 15, 2004.

1. totalsnow of ky

totalsnow of ky Junior Member

hey guys i have a rookie ? i have a new account that has 4week old concrete.what can i apply besides sand to help with ice /snow after i plow it :gunsfiring: also i am charging 75.00 hour + mat does that sound good for ky area??

2. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Concrete that new would be wrecked with rock salt. Calcium cholride can be used on older concrete. Your best bet would be Magnesium Chloride. The stuff is super expensive in comparison to salt. Be sure to price accordingly!

3. DaveVB

DaveVB Junior Member

New concrete ice melt

Nu-Life Laboratories Inc - Prairie Village
    Overland Park, KS 66204
    (913) 649-2625

We have used some "Pink stuff" (don't remember the name) from them for the last few years. They sold it to us for new concrete sidewalk use and seemed to work- no damage as of yet. Anything other than calcium is going to be expensive, but for this it was worth it. God Bless You Super Good, DaveVB

4. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

What about Urea?

5. GreatBigTuna

GreatBigTuna Member

Be careful. The problem with damage to new concrete has less to do with the chemical that you apply and more to do with the freeze/thaw/freeze cycle. My suggestion would be to stick with sand on this virgin concrete until next year when it has had a chance to fully cure. Just my $.02.

6. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

after it has cured then it should be sealed to keep the moisture out. simple cheep and well worth it.