1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Latest snoway parts kicker

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by hddude1, Oct 19, 2007.

1. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

Well heres the latest,I got a hold of 3 different dealers the past few days to get a price and order a part, first dealer was a little confused said my part number was quote "unpopular " #99100504, well i got it off the snoway website parts list, he was rather surprised that a person could to that, said he would make a phone call and get right back with me, sounded good to me. Dealer #2 told him the same as dealer #1 said he would make a call and get back to me, sounded good to me. Dealer #3 told him the same as dealer 1and 2 said he would make a call and get right back with me, sounded great to me. Heres the score, never heard from dealer #2, he sounded bad on the phone so he may have died? Dealer #3 never heard a peep from sounded good on the phone but he may have expired too? But i have been blessed and there is a God!!! I found the secret its like playing the lottery, buy enough tickets and you might win, call enough dealers and you might get answers. Dealer #1 called back!!!! but heres the KICKER to this bad sitcom I actually need part # 96105436 mount assembly, which is a part in the #99100504 package. Sounds simple, WRONG Dealer #1 tells me I cant just buy part # 96105436 I have to buy the whole shoot'in match #99100504. Makes no sense to me, why have a parts list? Over the years I have bought alot of Harley parts and Harley is proud of their parts, check the prices. But i would hate to think if I need to buy a new fender that I had to purchase the suspension with it. Whats wrong with this picture?? Any intellegent answers out there?****Lets not forget our troops in Iraq, peace to all.******

2. cobraman

cobraman Member

Now there is no way you can be comparing a Snoway to a Harley. That is just wrong. :yow!:

I do know there are parts guys and there are PARTS GUYS. I had to get some Snoway parts last week myself and I talked to a couple of different dealers and got very different service. Unfortunately the one that had the poorer phone service had the part in stock and when I saw their operation in person I understood. The other dealer is who I will call next time because he took the time to answer my questions, call me back and let me bother him several more times. If you want to drive to Wisconsin I'll give you his name and number.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Where did the rest of the parts come from?

4. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

lol Not comparing to HD by any means just an example that came to mind ,take any parts for any vehicle, you want to be able to buy a specfic part . Drive to Wisconsin??

5. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

I bought the parts from a person here on site. And I know the next two questions that come to mind ,Why didn't you buy the whole setup? Because I was told by Snoway tech{ not a dealer }that the mount I had would work with the 99100504 setup, I went with his advice, WRONG move. Next question, Why dont you get with the person you bought the other parts from to see if he has the mount? I tried but I believe he must of died and is buried with the two dealers in my previous post. I normally do my own homework when it comes to buying parts etc. but Mr. Tech assured me that the mount I already had would work just fine. The kicker is ,it does no good to have a parts list when you cant buy a specfic part.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yeah that kinda annoys me as well. Causes them problems when they mis-package something. they miss any little part and they're sending you a whole unit. I think it has something to do with outsourcing some of the assembly. They had a mess when a bin of Ford brackets got mis-labeled between the manufacturer and the packager.

7. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

No excuse, he just screwed up, simple as that, It wasnt casual conversations with the Tech, talked in great length and detail four times has to what was needed as far as parts go, before I was to make a change. He needed to spent less phone time trying to impress with his facts and figures, ask him the time and he tells you how to built a watch. GEEEZ

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm not trying to excuse for his mistake, I'd think he would've had you bring up the drawing on line so you were looking at the same picture. That's what I try to dowesport LOL, a picture's worth a thousand words.

i'm just pointing out the perils of long range tech support. Like the guy who had no lights on his HT plow. I spent innumerable phone sessions with. when he finally gave up and brought me the rig we found he was plugging his passenger side light in to the protective plug for the drivers side light. :dizzy: Why we call it a dummy plug:D

Moving on, what's the plan now? I'm not sure what I can do, but can I be of service some how?

9. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

Well, my first plan was to go down the street about a quarter mile and jump off the bridge which just happens to over look a large cemetary, very convenient ,but my wife would be stuck with the plow then. Or maybe I could talk a couple of my friends into helping me toss the plow off the bridge but then I risk the chance of getting fined for littering and possible jail time. Or I could cut the plow up and make some sort of wierd lawn ornament out of it ,take pictures of it and maybe get it on the cover of Better Homes and Gardens, maybe even HGTV !! Once I stop to think about it my options are endless!!! but for now I will need to find the mount piece.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think exhuming the guy you got the mount parts you have from would be a good place to start. You would think he has the rest of it. Try reviving him with a mix of newt's eye, toad ***** and fruit punch, if it doesn't bring him back to life mix what's left with a little Captain Morgan and ice. Doubt it will help but as the man said "it couldn't hurt."

11. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

I emailed him , but no response, not a good sign. His life support must have failed. Maybe somone on the site has or knows of one. Im not desperate, used the plow twice last year, not at all the year before ,its been used about nine times its like brand new. but it would be nice to have it up and ready to go. I just plow two real small driveways for elderly neighbors, no pay, just an act of kindness. not in it for the money or glory. It takes me longer to get dressed and hook up the plow than it does to plow the drives. The winters here the last 5 years have been rather mild must be due to Big Al Gore and his global warming ? I store the plow inside all year long given nothing but T.L.C. like all my vechicles , tools and equipment. Things are too expensive these days not to. So I guess the hunt begins?

12. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

hddude...check your PM's

13. hddude1

hddude1 Member
    from iowa

VLS check ??

14. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

Check your personal mesages...