1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Latest seasonal outlook from the Climate Prediction Center

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Spectrumweather, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Spectrumweather

Spectrumweather Junior Member

2. Spectrumweather

3. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

That makes me smile...now lets hope it comes true!
  4. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

5. Midwest Pond

Midwest Pond Senior Member

I'm just glad that they can predict a whole winter, because they sure as hell can't get tomorrow correct
  6. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

I really hope they are right
  7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Look at Accu's map. WTH?!?! Of course the midwest is cold and snowy. Of course OK -> TN is more ice than snow. Of course FL is mild.

If FL was listed as cold and snowy and the midwest was listed as mild, THEN we'd have something to write home about.
  8. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

If they get tomorrow weather right then i will start trusting it. Being in the construction business i look at the weather on monday morning and the 5 day outlook to plan our week. Half the time midway through the week ihave to readjust so whatever they want to say ;-)

I will say that i put more trust in the almanacs then weather man looking out that far.
  9. chevyman1010

chevyman1010 Junior Member

The weather men and women have the only job that they can be wrong every day and still keep their jobs just saying.
  10. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

so can politicians.....
  11. Spectrumweather

Very true. I was talking with another meteorologist buddy in Wisconsin and that is exactly what we were saying. If you created a map of typical winter conditions, it's look just like that one!

It's just not very useful information. If you read the text that went with it, there is a little more substance, but nothing earth-shattering.

12. Spectrumweather

Well, you can't be wrong EVERY day. Gotta get a few right here and there! :)

13. chevyman1010

chevyman1010 Junior Member

That's true if you watch the 9am newsby then they know if it's going to snow rain or be sunny but the night before your guess is as good as theirs.