1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Latest member of the "Family"

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Big Dog D, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I have been meaning to get this up here since December and keep forgetting. This is the last F-550 we added. It's an 05 with the 6.0L in it. Running a 9ft Fisher M/C series and Torwell spreader. Plow looks like it could be two seasons old but it's new, Fisher switched from painting on their emblems to stickers and they will last through the first two hours of use ..............maybe. You would think that in this day and age of name recognition that they would make them last as long as possible.

It's not the greatest pic but here it is.

#18.JPG

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  2. KenG

KenG Senior Member
    from MA

Another nice addition to the fleet.

I hear ya' about the Fisher emblem. The MM2 on our company's Dodge lost the Fisher "splash" in about 45 minutes. Also noticed that the color of the plow changed noticably in one season. Went from bright yellow to dull and old looking.

3. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Nice truck! Hey how much did the torwell set you back if you don't mind? :cool:

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that's one sick truck! f550 are sweet for plowing. nice set up.

5. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

I have heard that one major improvement from 04 f550 to the either 05 or 06 is that the turning radius has been significantly reduced.

Is this true?

for which the 05 or the 06?

6. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

It is the 05. They went to coil springs up front. No more leaf springs.

7. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet looks great .....

8. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Great looking truck, you should be proud. Here's a question / thought: Can you find a "Fisher" emblem stencil and paint the emblem on yourself? Just a thought.

I was thinking about doing that with my Meyer. Anyways, great ride. I wish you the best with it.

9. Big Dog D

For $5200.00 I shouldn't have to do a thing to help them advertize!!!!!!!!!

10. Big Dog D

The sander isn't new it is one that I have had for a few years.

11. Big Dog D

Thanks to everybody else that likes the truck. I will post some more pics once we get the real body built. The deck that's on there now is just an old one that we had laying around. We were originally going to chassis mount the sander for the winter but decided not to because with the sander empty there was not enough weight on the rear axel to drive the truck safely.

12. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Mr. SweetPete, why would you put a Fisher emblem on your Curtis, wish you had a Fisher? Or is it just a joke?

-Thann

13. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice truck....and yes the turning radius on the '05-'06 Super Duties was significantly reduced from previous years:)

14. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

IMO the 05 and 06 fords are the coolest looking trucks around :nod: :nod: :waving:

15. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

That truck is awesome! I'd love to plow with that bad boy. :nod:

16. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Nice!!!, btw whats the name of your biz?

17. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Wow very nice!! Do you have pics of all your equipment?

Are you doing mostly commerical plowing? Can we hear about your business a little bit?

Looks great, ALMOST TOO nice!!!