1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Latest marketing idea

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DodgeBlizzard, Feb 9, 2011.

1. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Here is my latest marketing idea. It serves multiple purposes. It's obviously an inexpensive marketing tool to keep our name out there. It has a reflective blue background and white reflective lettering. It started out as a way for our customers to have salt on hand at any time. Plus it works for the guys when they shovel walks. No need to run back to the truck or carry heavy buckets of salt from walk to walk. We made them at home with a little help from my boys. Next we will be putting on some new reflective lettering on the trucks.

[​IMG]

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I do the same thing with rubbermaid totes. They hold 2 bags of salt, so I don't have to fill them as often, and they are to heavy to just walk off. The bottom 4 inches is filled with concrete!

3. skywalker

skywalker Member
    from NW PA

i like the buckets, whats the blue, paint or decal and where do i get it, very impressive

4. lazyike

lazyike Member

What a great idea, it shows your customers that you'll go the extra for them, plus it lets your customers, customers know who is providing their snow and ice control. Good job.:nod:

5. DodgeBlizzard

6. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I like it, I might do it tomorrow

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

what plotter are you using?

8. DodgeBlizzard

We use a Cricut Expression. I bought it for her as a Christmas present. But she doesn't use it much. I am finding more and more things to put it to use. It's a good starter machine. If I keep using it as much as I do, I would like a bigger one.

9. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

would you consider doing some for money and then ship them to me?

10. DodgeBlizzard

Warm temps are coming with no snow in the forecast. We might be able to do that. Send me an email. lyonspressurewash@yahoo.com Get a generic layout of what you want with sizes of lettering and we'll go from there. Just so you know.....The layout I have here is 2" high fonts and approx. 10'' long which is about the maximum width to see on a small bucket. Also...if you can get ahold of plain buckets (without any writing), you can just put your font straight onto the bucket, without a solid color put down first. We did that on the first set, but the bucket didn't stand out as much.

11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Thats nice, I always painted my buckets I use with a stencil, yours turned out real nice though