1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Latest, LATEST storm update.

Discussion in 'Weather' started by ksland, Feb 10, 2006.

1. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Son of a #$%@. Now they are saying it is going Waaaay off coast and only the outer most coast will get 2-4 inches. All inland nothing.

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Where do you see that, as far as I know (as of 10min ago) they're still saying 6-10" for Northern, NJ. Maybe the forecast for MA has changed though? No, accuweather.com is saying 8-12" for most of the Cape, where did you see the storm going totally off course?
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  3. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn Member

Ks, I am watching the weather on NECN as I type and they are still saying 10-15" for us. Blizzard Watch in affect for all of Cape and Islands. I hope we don't miss this one. Its been a BORING winter so far. THINK SNOW and stay safe.
  4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yeah, maybe the weather has caused k&s to go crazy
    :dizzy: :dizzy: :rolleyes: j/k
  5. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

I see anywhere from 4-12 here. Haven't heard any reports of it going out to sea, but it still would not surprise me if were sunny and 50 sunday morning!
  6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Just be ready to go if needed, but ya know....:gunsfiring: :cry:
  7. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn Member

Now why would you say that, The weather man is usually about 100% accurate. :dizzy: .
  8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

PLEASE, DON'T EVEN SAY THAT, especially after this past Jan.:dizzy: I really hope this one happens!!!
  9. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn Member

I think this storm is as close to the real deal as we have gotten this year. I am having a hard time believing this one is going to miss us.
  10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

New Forum

At the recommendation of our moderator, we have added this new forum so members can discuss all issues relative to weather in order to separate these kinds of discussions from the commercial snow removal forum and elsewhere on the site - Good Suggestion Charles!
    Sean Adams
    Owner of PlowSite.com

Try this:waving: for your weather posts..
  11. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Ha! Gotchas!!!!

Funny, you could believe it with the luck we have had.

WE are getting this one boys, wax em' up.

Enjoy, stay safe..... Watch out for dumbasses out driving in it.

And most importantly Make some Dough! payup

Oh and take some pics, we all love pics... I will. Need to update my site with some real snow pictures.
  12. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

:cry: Damn, you guys are scarring it away.....
  13. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

C'mon now, that's not funny, especially after a year like thsi year :dizzy: !
  14. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

yaa know honestly I wouldn't be shocked!!!... BUT that being said. I AM READY AND WILLING TO PLOW!!!MOHAHHAAHA:salute:
  15. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

plow is ready, torsion bars are cranked, and the ABS isn't working...we are ready to roll! :)
  16. Dave Sponaugle

Dave Sponaugle Junior Member

Well it is snowing in WV right now, we actually have a whole 1/2" as of right now.

If it gets to an inch I may actually go put the blade on the truck for the first time this winter.
  17. Dave Sponaugle

Dave Sponaugle Junior Member

Well we have two inches on the grass and the streets are starting to turn white.
    Temp is dropping and the snow is getting finer.
    I am headed out to put the blade on now.

I may get to use the plow this year after all.
  18. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again, any predictions more that a few hours in advance are nothing more than a WAG. Up until now I haven't put much faith in the report but now when I click the Updated Snowfall Totals on accuweather I get some dumba*s map of cold flow heading into Florida. Is anyone getting anything usefull from the site?
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  19. jeff45

jeff45 Junior Member

they're saying 12-18 here in quincy :drinkup:
  20. jp2175

jp2175 Junior Member

new york

Just stopped in to shower, eat and nap a bit before going back out. They say we've gotten almost 27 inches here in NY. I could swear it was more. I've been plowing straight (except for catnaps) since 3:30 am yesterday (it is almost 11:30 now). Is there any law concerning driving a plow for over a day straight?

I was just wondering (because people seem to run from my after blizzard prices) what is a reasonable price to do a large circular driveway, with steps and walks, and a side enterance garage) with this much snow on the ground? Don't forget the piles in front of the driveways left by town plows.

People are flagging me down desperate to get out and they run away when I tell them $125. I'm not hurting for work. I've been very busy at this price, but who's crazy, me or them?

I am plowing the north shore of Long Island, which I think is the wealthiest county in the country, and this is one of the wealthier areas.
    :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2006