1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Latest additions to the fleet for 2015!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mkwl, Dec 19, 2015.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Hey Guys-

We've had a good season this year for hardscape and landscape work, and purchased some new "toys" so I figured I'd share. We bought a new 2015 Bobcat S650 Skidsteer Loader and a new 2016 Ford F350 pickup- bought the loader in August- already has over 100 Hrs. on it, just bought the truck yesterday….giving Ford a shot this time- hoping it's all it's cracked up to be!

Bobcat is a S650 with just about every option- full cab, radio, a/c and heat, hands and feet (hate the new joystick controls in a skid steer, so does my foreman).

Super duty is a F-350 SRW- XL - power windows, locks, heated mirrors, Sync, AM/FM/CD/MP3 (nice for long nights of plowing :nod:), 4x4, 3.73 electronic locker, 6.2L V8 Gas, 18" steelies, equipped with an 8' Western Pro Ultramount 2. Will be mounting my 7' Snowman pull plow on it as soon as I have a free couple hours to do the install :nod:

Hopefully we get some snow at some point to get to try this new truck out!

F350.jpg

S650.jpg

2. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

Nice f350, my 250 is similarly outfitted and does fantastic!

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Nice equipment, good luck with them. Looks like we will have to wait till mid January for any chance at snow.

4. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

How does the 6.2 tow that skid? Or anything heavier

5. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks guys! I'm not sure how the 6.2 is going to do pulling the skid as this truck's not really going to be my primary tow rig- when we move machines we use either my 3500HD diesel dump or my 2500HD diesel pickup- can't beat a diesel for pulling power but I just couldn't justify the $9K additional for the PSD on this truck and didn't want the emissions headaches either…

Seems some guys love the selectable joysticks- I just couldn't get used to them- hands and feet are direct linkages- less electronics to fail too…

The excavator in the pic is an E26- little small for what we were doing on that job but it certainly has its' place.

7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

The 6.2 does a nice job towing, it's rated for 12,400. Most I've done is about 14k but usually only tow about 10-11k.
    As mentioned, it's not a diesel so the torque isn't there, but it does the job.

8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

When you purchased the new Western, did you consider the Wideout?

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Good to hear- that's about all I expect out of this truck- good to know it'll handle 10-11K alright...

10. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I did but for the type of residential work we do, a Wideout really wouldn't be beneficial for us… straight or v plow is best for our applications...

11. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Schultz Ford?

12. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yup :nod: :nod:

13. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I deal with Craig
    Bought 4 trucks and wife's explore sport from him this year

14. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice S650. I liked the T650 I use to have. The joysticks took me a little while to get use too, but loved them.

Alot of people get the hand/foot controls because they have always run them that way. To each his own.

15. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck!

16. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Sharp pieces there. Love the F350. Was it a truck/plow package?

17. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks! Yeah we couldn't find any that didn't have a plow on it, and I was going to put an 8' Western on it anyway so it worked out pretty well!

18. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Remember when you were telling me how much better your Fisher was than a Western? And I told you you'd smarten up one day. ;)

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=102304&page=3

All joking aside.... Very nice truck and plow. Thumbs Up Good luck with her!