1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Later Speedcast 7'6" blade to an early 8' mount?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tom in nh, Dec 20, 2014.

1. tom in nh

tom in nh Junior Member

Hi all,
    Have a 1985 F250 4x4 diesel that has a 8' Speedcast setup with no blade or A frame.
    The pushbeam overall length is 31 1/8". The correct A frame spread to pushbeam dimension for this truck is 25 1/2".
    I have found a mint 7'6" Speedcast blade and A frame from a 1993 F150.
    The pushbeam is shorter, the A frame ears measure 22 1/2". Not sure if beam is 4" like the 1985 though.
    Fabrication appears inevitable , no big deal. Extending the ends of the pushbeam is probably the easiest solution.
    I like the idea of a lighter and smaller plow for my driveway and neighborhood.
    Am I overlooking anything? Geometry issues? Pros or cons? Waste of time, etc.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Tom

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

The other thing you can try is call around to junkyards and see if they have any blades from trucks