1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

late season ad's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Premier, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Premier

Premier Senior Member

Has or do any of you do late ad's to try and round up customers that may be unhappy or not have hired a contractor yet? thought i would give it a try this year, 10,000 home in upper class residential neighbor hoods for 360 bucks. thought it might be worth it. mailers would go out week after thanksgiving.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Never hurts to try.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

With the slow start to winter and the number of people that leave things to the last minute I would give it a shot if you are looking for more.
  4. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

for resi's i find a lot of people are last minute, and you can prolly expect a ton of people to keep the ad on the fridge/in a file and call you in the middle of the storm outta the blue, cause in the resi world i feel most people dont like to "sign up" theyd rather attempt it themselves/make the kids do it, and if they get the storm of the year, then theyll result to calling someone

ive had it happen up to 4 years later
  5. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

you already know my opinion
  6. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing. Still people around that wait till the first snow to pick a contractor.
  7. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I advertise year round.
  8. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

I advertise all the time year round. If you quite they quite seeing you, that's my opinion
  9. dchr

dchr Senior Member

Definetely will not hurt-most homeowners wait until the last minute. In fact I just signed a commercial last night (doctor's office)-can't believe they waited this long.
  10. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

If you can time it to hit just as the weather guesser predict a good 5 inch storm It should pay for it self with the procrastinators in the crowd.
  11. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

I have had ads running in the local shopper guides and have been getting 2 to 3 calls a day in the past 2 weeks looking for bids, and have been signing about 50% of them, they work pretty good, as others has said, when the first big snow comes, if the ad is in the paper, the phone will ring
  12. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

Yes & I think they use you to get the other person to lower they re rate. Plow 2 or 3 time & they call up & said not to come any more.