1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Late Payments This Year

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by mferrari, Jan 13, 2011.

1. mferrari

mferrari Member

Anyone else having trouble with customers not paying? In years past there has always been one or two out of the bunch but this year is seems over half my contracts do not pay on time. The contracts are written that payments are due 10 days from invoice or a 15% late fee will be accessed. I invoice after each storm (unless we get 2 back to back or something). All invoices are marked 'Net 10'. I also will send a statement for all accounts over 10 days late without accessing the late fee. Nothing seems to work so today late notices are going out.

When is enough, enough? I'd hate to send out a final notice or suspend services on over half my contracts but I obviously can't work for free.
  2. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

this is why I no longer have a lawn service, over half of my customers just quit paying, had to strong arm a few, the rest still owe me and that has been 2 years ago. Same deal with my auto repair shop, way to many people not paying and I went under wiht no help of my theaving partner..

I only have a couple snow plow customers, most of mine are on call, and I get paid on the spot, so far anyway.
  3. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

it's only happened to me once. Pretty simple to take care of....I plow the street and leave then pack the pile in their driveway!!