1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Late model Ranger - Homesteader/Suburbanite

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mreamer, Oct 17, 2006.

1. mreamer

mreamer Member

Hey guys - love the site.

Anyone running a Suburbanite or Homesteader on a late mode ranger?

I have an '01 Ranger, 4.0 OHC, Auto, reg cab, Edge package. I would like to hang one of the plows on my truck but have a couple questions.

1. Does the front lower facia have to be modified so the mount will fit?
    2. Will the truck mount work with the Suburbanite and the Homesteader? Or are the two plows different in that respect?

Thanks for your help!
  2. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

04 Ranger with Sub.Western

My 04 has a 3" body lift on it and all is well. I also have 33" BF Tires on it. I got the Ranger last yr. an plowed 32 car parking lot at my building and 600' drive at my house and it worked great.I will see if I can post pic.

Business end 04 plow.jpg
  3. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

04 Ranger with Sub.Western

I will try another hope the pics. help. RANGER SEEMS TO DO FINE
  4. mreamer

mreamer Member

Thanks for the info, any more pictures you have would be great. Thanks again!
  5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Ford Ranger

Have you considered a Sno-Way plow for your Ranger? The homesteader and suburbanite plow are designed for personal use only and only carry a 1 year consumer warranty. :cry: Sno-Way plows on the other hand are covered with a 5 year structural and 2 year electrical and hydraulic commercial warranty. :nod:

Models that you could consider would be either the ST or 22 series models. To learn more visit our factory website at http://www.snoway.com .

If the ST series interests you there is a fantastic promotion running through http://www.plowsunlimited.com. You order the plow through them and the factory ships directly to you.

Tom O'Brien
    District Sales Manager
    Sno-Way International Inc.
  6. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

04 Ranger poly plow

I will try for more pics.

04 side view.jpg