1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Late Fee's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by VALLEYWIDEPA, Oct 21, 2004.

from pa

does anyone here charge late fee's and if so what do u charge and how many days do u wait before u charge

i would like to set up mine as "a late fee of 5% or $10 whichever is greatest will be assessed if payment is not made by the 15th and recieved no later than the 20th"
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Like has been mentioned before on this subject; first check the legality of charging a late fee, then you have to decide if it's actually worth enforcing. You might wind up losing a customer or time/money pursuing payment through small claims court.
  3. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Late fees are 5% per week.. I re-bill with first weeks late fee after the 1st of the month. Payments are due on the 20th.
  4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I charge late fee's payment is due within 2 weeks of billing or its a 10 % late fee.

Regards Mike
  5. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Payments are due upon receipt of the invoice, but there is a 30 day grace period before the occurrence of a late fee. The contract names the customer liable and responsible for past due amounts incurring a late payment fee for payments received after the 30 day grace period.

Just my .02¢