1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Last yr for me using meyer had enuf

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by nathan11507, Jan 17, 2012.

1. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

Okay posted the other day that my e 60 wouldnt raise in the middle of r last storm. So i short chained it limped it home. Motor runs but no lift. Checked all wires for power everything tested fine replaced b coil with brand new one and nothing. Still motor runs but no lift. So i bought new b valvle and installed that and nothing. For shits and giggles i drained the pump flushed bought all new valves and coils for a and c. And hooked everything up and bingo it worked yeah well it worked for the same amount of time this morning in the storm we got as it did last time. Im back to square one where the motor is running and no lift or at times its sketchy it may go up or it may not. Had enuf of the thing hopefully limp it to the end of the season then its goin on craigslist

2. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

one good thing about a meyer product , they'r an easy fix out in the field , just carry an extra pump:laughing:

yep , they just seemed undependable to us too:mechanic:

3. oneoldsap

oneoldsap Senior Member

I've never had a Meyer , but I didhave a Diamond for 6 years . The Diamond was an excellent plow , I think I put one hose on it and a couple of welds . When I went to get a new plow I looked at the Diamond , since the old pull away had held up so well . The newer one at that time looked like it had been designed by Rube Goldberg , and weighed a ton . So I bought a Boss , and never looked back !

4. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

replace packing cup.... basic seal kit ... quick easy fix ...they go out on all plow pumps

5. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

Shouldnt have to bring an extra pump for one its brand new well a year old outta the box. Bought off of a guy that had been hanging on too it for yrs just in case but he never needed it. Secondly i know for a fact it aint the pump or it wouldnt work at all. I am either headed for a boss or fisher next season. Looking forward to it

6. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I'd say your headed in the right direction & will be more than satisfied with either of those choices.

7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

sounds to me like you have water conrtaminated fluid in the pump and it is frozen.

8. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

they also tend to freeze up too easily . thats why they make lil jackets for them :laughing:

it's all good , they all break :nod:

thats why were here

Meyer_E60H_Pump_Cover_15849.jpg

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

X2

If you have one of these covers, throw it out. All they do is trap moisture.

OP- Sounds like you just need some maintenance done. These pumps are relatively easy to rebuild. If the previous owner just had it sitting as a spare I doubt he was maintaining it. Over the course of time condensation could of built up, seals could of cracked allowing water to get in the pump.

10. NickT

NickT Senior Member

X 3 get a bottle of meyer hydroflush

11. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

If you don't flush the angle rams your wasting you time. You had a freeze up, got to get 100% of the contaminated fluid out of the system or it will keep happening.

12. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

The pump was brand new outta the box from meyers last yr i have done proper maintenance its the first thing i do ewveryear. The pump and rams were completley flushed three days ago to see if there was ice in the fluid and there was none. There is power to all the wires and yet it doesnt go up had replaced all coils and valves. Bottom line is its spent and all i was sayin next yr its a new plow and it wont be a meyers three years of headaches is enuf for me. The blade i may keep and sell to my buddy but every thing is gone in the spring for sure

13. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

May sound stupid, but have you checked the screens? If there was moisture in the fluid then little pieces of ice collect on the screen and clog them, or they could have contaminates on them.

14. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

seen that before too. brand new pump that sat on the shelf in a box for 12 years. the screens were plugged almost solid with crap.

15. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

Right, Its like, If a dealership had a brand new car with 10 miles on it, couldnt sell it and it sat for 12 years, you cant expect it function like it did the day it actually was new. sitting in a box lets seals dry up and all that.

I got my meyer with an e60 used and havent had any real complaints about it. everything breaks, regardless of make/model. Meyer doesnt have the best rep but they are a big name in the business so they must do something right :salute:

good luck, I considered a fisher too, for the trip edge (and to keep a yellow plow) but my Meyer works fine for now

16. gr8whitebronco

gr8whitebronco Junior Member
    from nj

Your'e right you should sell all you Meyer ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really cheap and PM me when you do!!!!:laughing::laughing:

17. Murphy4570

Murphy4570 Member

I'd be willing to take that "junk" meyer stuff off your hands, free of charge! :lol:

Like others have said, just cause something is NIB (ESPECIALLY NOS PARTS!!!), doesn't mean it's good!

Service the pump properly and it'll give you years of reliable service.