1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Last year winter pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Troy5061, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

Heres some of my pics from last season/winter when I was plowing my dads driveway with my atv. Hopefully soon ill have some more pics of my plow truck I just upgraded to and me plowing my own driveway finally and his too.

2. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

and a few more...

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice Artctic Cat. I bet it's a wicked beast.
  4. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

Thanks, yea it definetly could push some snow. Its a 2005 650 V-Twin with a bunch of mods done, before I put the aftermarket tires/wheels on it would stand right up and wheelie at 1/2 throttle. Heres a pic of it all clean with the newer tires on it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

How do you like those Gators? My friend has them on his Arctic Cat 454 and he hates them becouse they ride rough and they don't wear good. But they are wicked agresive.
  6. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

Ive only put about 200 miles on them and they look just like new so its probly to early to tell on the wear factor. They ride a little rough till about 5-7mph and then it evens out. They are lightyears better than my stockers were, I had goodyear radials and the sidewall would pretty much fold over in a turn. My biggest grip is they are heavy and sapped some power but I also went an inch bigger than stock to 27". Its sort of a good thing though because now my girlfriend and family members can ride it and I dont have to worry about them flipping it over from to much throttle. Either way im glad I got them, the peace of mind knowing I can go pretty much anywhere is nice, plus I got a good deal through a friend, the tires, wheels and lug nuts all mounted was $660 new.
  7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I heard there great tires. A friend of mine had them on a foreman 450 he had. The thing was unstoppable in mud. But my dirt devil x/t's were better. my tires ride much worse though. Great looking quad btw. I would love to get a 650 v-twin.
  8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

-21 lol... i thought it was bad th emornings in march 09, a few days it was 3-6deg in nj this year... that i thought was wicked cold when messing with the salt outside.
  9. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

haha yea it was pretty damn cold here last January, they set a record up north -50F. This pic was taken not far from my buddies camp up in Jackman about 15 miles from the Quebec border.

10. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I just bought that same quad except in green. Only has 529 miles on it and has aftermarket wheels and tires and a few other goodies. Got it for $4000 with a plow. I think I did pretty good. Looking forward to seeing what it will do in the snow. Are those lights from Arctic Cat? I saw some like it in there catalog. The look really bright ,never thought I would need extra lights until I saw your pics. Thanks for posting those.
  11. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

Yea it was from AC, it were pretty pricey too from the dealer $139 if I recall. The lights plug into the 12v cigarette lighter style plug on the side of the handlebars but the connecter plug broke after the first season so I just hardwired them right to the battery. The problem I had was my driveway wasn't lighted very good and I can only plow before 7am or after 5pm which up here means its dark in the winter and when my blade was up the stock lights just shined right into the back of the plow. Those lights were definetly a good investment. I did have issues with the stock battery trying to run the lights, winch, handwarmers plus starting the quad in the very cold temps, I upgraded to a Odyessy battery part number PC680MJ dry battery and it can handle every accessory I could put on and turn the starter over all day long.

I bought mine new in August of 2006, it was a hold over for $6800 with the winch, plow and some ramps. Only problem I had with it was the choke cable likes to freeze in place if you leave it outside in the cold weather and I smoked one belt trying to pull a buddy out of a peat bog in reverse. I didnt know at the time reverse is geared high on those and not to do that, actually its kind of a different tranny set up your supposed to do most riding in low and only use high on packed trails above 30mph but you can go 50mph in low anyway.

Heres what I have done to it

Warn 2500lb winch
    Rear AC bumper
    K and N Air Filter
    HMF Pipe...sounds awesome on the V-Twin
    Dynatek CDI....Really wakes the machine up
    AC hand and thumb warmers
    Oysessy battery
    27" gators with Vision Bruiser aluminum wheels
    Brute Force 750 belt
    EPI Clutch Kit

I sold the plow and lights earlier this year when I bought my plow truck, I probly should have kept them just in case but I still have the mount underneath if I ever pick another one up I can hook it right up. Pretty much the only thing I want for it now is a rear winch.
  12. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

hows the sho? i had a 98 for 5 yrs...did you get the cam sprocket weld
  13. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

Thats a great car its a 98 as well, had it almost 2 years now. Ive owned 5 or 6 genIIs and that genIII. Cams were welded for the previous owner at NESHO, when I pulled the valve covers off to double check I couldnt believe how clean the heads were, looked like it had an oil change every 1000 miles. I had some exhaust work done to it, two flowmaster 40s, 3rd cat delete, and resonator delete. Its so awesome to see peoples faces when they hear the ungodly roar of that V8 in a Ford Taurus :eek:

You cant tell in the pic because its burried in snow but thats a red 93 genII 5spd SHO behind the black one and in the last pic on my second post is 93 automatic.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009