1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Last Year Deep Snow

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by DFLS, Jan 25, 2012.

1. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Remember the short stop signs?
    [​IMG]

Mailboxes
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

No place to put snow. That is a 48" stake
    [​IMG]

2. BCF250SD

BCF250SD Junior Member

I wish we had half that amount this year.

3. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

if only...

4. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

I plowed once so far this year not counting the freak October storm. Nothing in sight for a week plus either...

5. fireside

fireside Senior Member

At the point those pictures were taken i thought it never would stop. This year i been praying to the snow god.
    As for the weather is see something around the 6 to 8 of feb time frame( couple of inches for all of CT). the bigger question for all will be feb 18 to 22 time frame coastal storm maybe. If it works out i see an "N" storm for ct

6. GMC25004x4

GMC25004x4 Member

Nice pictures! we have had only 2 plowable storms this year....

7. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Great pics. Told the kids to take a good look last year cause they might never see that much snow on the ground in our town again. What a difference a year makes...

8. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Yeah I just saw a hint for next Thurs / Fri who knows.

Here are some more pica and a video below...:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We lost a few balls until spring....
    [​IMG]

And this, Mid January at the beginning of the "parade of storms" that left us with 4 feet on the ground. :http://youtu.be/yDONsPIH-WE

9. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Those shots of the mailboxes are crazy. its hard to fathom when you cant look out the window and see it. i remember the company i sub for stacked piles in our lots about 2 or 3 times during jan and february. we didnt have anywhere to push the snow in wide open lots. by the end of january i was trying to push piles back with the plow all the way up and the truck halfway up onto piles. never mind trying to find places to stack snow on resi driveways:rolleyes:. that was a good year to buy a first plow truck!!

10. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

yea last year was crazy, i was riding my snowmobile on top of guard rails.

11. 2000dodge

2000dodge Junior Member

What is that first intersection. I used to live in Simsbury just can't recognize it.

12. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i remember that last year...this winter sucks

13. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Black Oak Drive and Simsbury Rd.

14. ladder6

ladder6 Junior Member

I live in CT and for the record, this winter stunk!!! What happened to mother nature?