1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

last winter was better than this one in michigan

Discussion in 'Weather' started by D&S snowplowing, Jan 15, 2010.

1. D&S snowplowing

D&S snowplowing Member

wow... im startin to hate this winter with the weather... i love feeling wore out by this time in the winter and im not even close with it warming up so much its starting to get to me a lil now im not gonna complain at all that ive got to get my play time in on the snowmobile..... any body else feel the same way?
  2. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

definitely feel the same way. We have had 28 inches so far less than the 36 we had at this point last year, but still far ahead of an average pace. We usually get 34-41 inches southburbs/northburbs. not complaining, but sure would love another 20 inches separated into 10- 2 inch snowfalls and several half inchers to go salt. What's the average for your area in michigan and where are you now?? Don't worry it is only January. We got 2 snow events in april last year!!
  3. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Around here it is usually 80"-100" average, we have gotten some snow, but it is the current weather that is exciting, mid 30s and it is going to be like this for at least 2 weeks, I have nothin else to do right now!
  4. D&S snowplowing

D&S snowplowing Member

I no the feeling of nothing to do really the other day i was bored enough to wash n wax the truck then decided it would blow some time to reorganize my tool box its a 53 in snap on box 20 drawers total and every single one is filled
  5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

i am board out of my mind, but i am very happy i bought a salt spreader or i would have no money too
  6. coral

coral Senior Member

you guys need a day job....lol
  7. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Imagine if the rest of winter maintains these current temps ...?
    Great time to search craigslist for snow equipment....
  8. coral

coral Senior Member

because ? everyone will sell their equipment in feb? makes sense to me..:laughing:

wait unitil june...:nod:
  9. Koonta

Koonta Junior Member

yea, re-siliconed countertop backsplash and sink yesterday, hung up new bird feeder and started dusting around the house, bout the time I take on a job it'll snow!
  10. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

i think were suppose to get a storm in feb
  11. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

im going back to landscaping, staking up a nice 90' long 6' heigh boulder wall starting Tuesday. It will make me more money then plowing will.
  12. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

It better be snow. Well I wondered when will we get real snowstorm because I can't wait try my #2 plow rig with huge 8'6 plow.
  13. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Bored here as well!! Decided to start putting plans together to remodel the famly room. Getting some foam blown in the walls, im putting in new windows and a new slider, redoing our wood burning fireplace into a gas fireplace with fireglass, and redoing the brick surround on the fireplace and putting up marble. Im sure it will start snowing like mad as soon as I get things ripped apart!!!
    What a boring winter so far!!!
  14. motorbreath

motorbreath Junior Member

This is about the lamest winter I can remember, a whole 42" so far, about half of this time last year. I think the girlfriend is praying for snow too, she says I'm getting annoying.:p