1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Last Visit / New since

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Rob, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Hi !
    Is it possible to set the "Last Visited" time or some other setting that shows all the new threads since you were last here ?

For instance, if I wanted to see all new threads since yesterday, is there a setting anywhere that can make the system "think" that was the last time I was here so I can view all active threads in all of the forums.

I know that I could do a search since a given date, just not sure if there is an easier way.

Thanks !
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I don't believe you can do it by clicking on new posts,but if you go into each forum you want to check,you can select what you want to see at the bottom.It will show all posts though,not just active,or unviewed ones.
  3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah I was wondering about the same thing. Sometime when I log on Plowsite and have to leave it early for some reasons, and when I come back, the unread posts and threads became old and it is frustrating to me to scroll down until I THINK is where I last visited. :dizzy:
  4. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Along the lines of what wxmn posted, you can go alll the way to the bottom of the screen on the main page with all of the Forums listed & click the link that says "Mark all forums read" then the next time you come it will show everything from that point on as new. You can also do this in individual forums. Never mind though, that's not going to solve his question on second thought because the unread new threads will suddenly be marked as old.

Rob, I'm not really sure what you are asking for. Everytime I visit the threads that have new posts since my last visit are marked with the red envelope icon to the left of the threads. So I know when I've gotten to the ones that I haven't read when I get to the gray icons. Is this waht you mean, or something diffeerent, or more along the lines of what wxmn posted?
  5. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

wxmn6 hit it on the head. I have PS set as my "home" page. On occassion I need to look up something really quick, so I don't have time to hang out and read everything that I've missed so far. If I leave the site, or even sit on it idle for some period of time all the threads that have been marked as having activity since the last visit get marked as no new activity. So, what I was asking was is there anyway to set the last visit time, or whatever parameter controls which threads are shown to you as new / active. Does that make sense ?