1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Last storm of the year

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by szorno, May 10, 2003.

1. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Last night the TV weather folks predicted 6-12" for us. We got an honest 5". Yeah, Saturday before Mother's Day our whole team was out. Here is the first pic from the storm. elevation 8,00 feet, time 5:30 am.
    payup

may10-1.jpg

2. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Kinda sloppy and slushy, but we'll take it.:nod:

may10-2.jpg

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

thats absolutely nuts. im so glad winter is over here...the grass is finally green and its getting real busy for me. ill be looking forward to snow once july rolls around:D

4. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Ah, winter still!!!

:D :drinkup: :drinkup: :salute:

Rick

5. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Niiiice!!!!!!

:nod:

6. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Cool any mroe pics?

7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Thank God its you guys in Colorado and not here in CT. Finally we have a nice green landscape and some leaves on the trees here. Now im faced with the task of finding a new walk behind to cut my new lawn accounts.

Jay

8. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, glad it is not snowing here in NY at this time of year. Things are finally greening up and growing. All the sudden the trees are growing leaves, it amaze me how fast trees can grow the leaves in full size just in under a week.

By the way, nice pics! :D

9. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Leaves what are those?

I went through a wet slushy 3-4" on the way home from Denver last night.

I know that we are due for a storm or two more.

Howard

10. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

I personally wish that it was still snowing here, once I get into the winter I love it, the first few storms are a little like chaos, but once into full swing it is great, I wish it snowed 10 months a year here and then just had a few months off, oh well November is just around the corner. Just My two cents

11. szorno

szorno Senior Member

OK guys, here is one more to prove it wasn't a fluke. Howard, this is just west of C-470 and hiway 285 about 10 miles.:waving:

may10-3.jpg

12. szorno

szorno Senior Member

And for you "flatlanders", this is why we live here...
    :D

may10-4.jpg

13. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

All I know that this time last year we were already making plans to abandon ship if the forest fires came close to my house. The closest we had was 4 acres burnt 1/8 mile away!.

Scott was right in the MIDDLE of it all. This time last year his WHOLE area was in the middle of the snaking fire.

I AM REALLY HAPPY THAT WE HAVE MOISTURE THIS YEAR!

Howard

14. szorno

szorno Senior Member

We really are greatful for the moisture.
    By this time last year we had already had 2 forest fires that we could see smoke from at our house. One was less that 1 1/2 mile away. I worked that fire (Snaking) as traffic control at the command center with our Search and Rescue team.
    I would rather plow than direct fire trucks any day!!:yow!:

15. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Great pics buddy:drinkup: