1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Last Snow???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by J.Henderson, Mar 16, 2004.

1. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Just got back from plowing 1 1/2" from a medical care home. They say we are supposed to get around 5" but the ground was so warm, only about 1 1/2" stuck to the concrete. In the grass though close to 4" now. I wonder if this will be the last one for the year. I hope not.:confused:

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I'm sorry to say it but it's over. I too was able to go out and plow the other night. :waving:

3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

yup this was one last horrah

4. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

Yuppers.....last one and I went "Hoorah!!!!!!" I want it to get green, so I make some......snow is good, in January!

Chris

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

It was a pleasant addition to a good season. We may get a little more Friday, too! :D

6. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Just got in from plowing about 5 inches. Hard to believe I put in a drainage pipe yesterday. I too would like to see some more grreen and less white.

7. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I only got to salt once this week. Even though it snowed good every day this week, 40 degrees melts it quicker than salt. I give up:drinkup: this season seems like it is over.:mad:

8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

We ended up with 6-10 inches here. Its all melting quickly today. But I still got to plow.... and break... (damn!) but thats a story for another night. Too tired tonight.

9. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

That storm we had around 15 inches of snow. Wet heavy crap. Moved 8 to 10 inches Monday night and finished up on Tuesday morning. Boy, what a mess that was.
    The old 1/2 ton got a workout, I broke the pump on the 1 ton doing a driveway.
    I wouldnt mind seeing another 4 or 6 inches of snow, but I'm not counting on it.

Later
    Mark K

10. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I spent from 10 PM Thursday to 9 AM Friday trying to sleep in the chair waiting to get an assignment. They appologized for bringing us out and sent us home. I'd love to say it's over but my Dad has me hoping. He keeps telling me about this snowstorm on Easter before I was born. I've heard it a million times but I never tire of it! My Dad's got a way of keeping me looking forward to days ahead! :D

11. ToyotaPusher

ToyotaPusher Junior Member

THAT is what Dad's are for. Listen while you can. I lost mine 12 years ago...

12. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I think its over. its 34 now and expected to get to 40 today. Some of the snow will be melting. We got around 10" and there are big piles everywhere. Its so nice to get a big storm and make some money one more time. This season was not so bad after all. We could have used alot more snow in jan and feb but i plowed in dec,jan,feb,mar. Its the first day of spring now so its time for the snow to be gone (which should take a week or so) then it will be april and time to wash the truck outside again. Iam redy to start warm weather activities.

13. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

It's over. it's 60 degrees here today!:eek:
    Time to start working on the Cutlass.:nod:

14. after a 50* day yesterday, snow flurries right now. Nothing remotely big, just a teaser. I think we might be done.

15. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

No more snow here. Havent gone out since 1st week in feb. The temp keeps rollercoasting back and forth. Was 60 yesterday, now its 23. go figure.

16. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

plows have been put away and lawn trailers are getting greased up