1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Laser-Cut Grille (difference between Silverado and HD)

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NoStockBikes!!, Oct 14, 2003.

1. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

Man, I think I screwed up... A friend called in a favor and hooked me up with a Stainless Steel Skull and Flames laser cut grille, AND... It doesn't fit. :( Apparently there's a difference in the grill shapes between the 2500 and the 2500HD. At least that's what I was told by a local customizing shop when I went to them for help on the install... Well, it doesn't look like Stull makes one for the 2500HD, and because of the nature of the whole deal, a refund would be the equivalent of a slap in the face. "Hey, you did my friend a huge favor, but can I have my money back?"

So that kinda sucks. It's not THAT much different, but it is definitely different.

Anybody interested in a cool grille for a 99-'02 Chevy 1500 or 2500 for about half off retail? :realmad: PM me if you are, I'm trying to figure out what to do with it before the wife finds out I was trying to put fire and skulls on my truck...:eek:

Here's a link to a pic. I WISH they made one for the HD...
    [​IMG]

2. myo

myo Senior Member

That sucks, you can't bend it in to fit:D It is nice looking... Good luck with it, hopefully somebody wants it.

3. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

LOL I wish... Yeah, mostly I was just surprised that the grills were different. When I looked up the part #, it listed the years, and 1500-2500, so I thought "Cool, there we go..." Oh well. I figure if I can get anywhere in the neighborhood of my money out of it, I'll be happy. Chalk any loss up to "tuition"