1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

largest hiniker for an 05 silverado 1500 Z71 4WD??

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by burdou, Oct 31, 2011.

1. burdou

burdou Junior Member

Looking to make a decision on a hiniker for my driveway and a couple other driveways. Is the 7.5 steel standard plow that weighs around 605 lbs. the best choice? Truck is solid with 65000 miles.
    Should I try to swap into a 2500 if at all possible and go for the 8' poly?

Thanks for any input. I am new to plowing so I am all ears.

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

7.5' or 8' is fine. Don't "crank" the t-bars either. Just give them a couple turns. Timbrens would be a good idea as well as a little weight in the back.

3. burdou

burdou Junior Member

thanks

thanks for the input. I thought I was definitely going to get timbrens but I have been seeing mixed replies on the boards regarding their effectiveness. I guess it can't hurt to try them.

4. kandrts

kandrts Junior Member

I've got a 2004 chevy 1/2 ton ex cab short box and i have a Hiniker 8' scoop plow on it. I turned the torsions a couple turns put weight in the back and put timbrens on as well. The timbrens give it a real rough ride in the summer time but a real need in the winter time.