1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Largest blade for an '07 F250 6.0

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Plowin in VT, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

I currently have an 8' MM2 w/wings on my '07 F250 Powerstroke, and am looking to upgrate to a larger blade. How large can I safely go on this truck?

I would love to swap out to a 9.5 V, but can not justify the considerable cost involved.

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I have the same setup- It's 9'8 with the wings. How much wider are you looking to get? Your truck might need timbrens with the 9'5 V. Are you going to put wings on the V? 11'2" is a big blade.
  3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Dielsels are heavy. I would stick with the 8ft or buy 8.5 xblade and put on wings. The 9ft is heavy and will only cause you issues
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

An 8.5' X blade w/ wings would be aprox 50 lbs heavier than a 9' HD series.

If your goal is to stay under the FAWR the best thing to do is weight your current combination and see where your at on the front axle weight capacity and then go from there. Might be surprised. :nod:
  5. BulldogPS

BulldogPS Member

9' straight is the biggest you should put on a 3/4 ton. I have the 8'6" V on my 3/4 ton, and the 9'6" V on my F550. You CAN NOT put the 9'6" on the 3/4 ton it is way too heavy, ok to move in the yard though (barely) we tried against fisher's instructions. And our truck has a diesel with a front leveling kit and bilstein off road shocks, serious nose sag.
    You will find that a 9' straight blade is a pain in the butt to menuver around especially in tight areas, thats why I went to the V. The different things you can do with a V make up for the 6" it lacks in length. I use it to plow parking lots as well as driveways, and It takes less time with the V than a 9' straight because the scoop feature allows you to gather and direct snow where you want it instead of off to the sides.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Im always a fan of the biggest plow the truck can handle. some say its way harder on the truck but if you think about it it might be easier because its probably easier on the trans becasue your not going back and forth so many times. I learned to plow with a 9.5' V plow so when i use an 8' plow it just seems tiny to me.
  7. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Open your driver's side door and look on the spec sheet thing...what is your front axle rated at? Its going to be either 5200, 5600 or 6000lb rating. If you have the 5600 or 6000lb front end you can get ANY plow you want, no matter how heavy it is. Your truck is only regular cab so that is obviously not as heavy as an extended or crew cab truck.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  8. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Are you serious about the 9'6" is too big on a 3/4 ton. I wouldnt put anything smaller on that size truck. I run a 9.2 (red plow) on mine. My buddy has a 9'6" Xvee on a F350 handles it fine. Both trucks have leveling kits, and mine is diesel. I would not say you CAN NOT do it.
  9. BulldogPS

BulldogPS Member

Sure it will do it, but it kills the front end. I don't know about your truck but when I put our big V on our 3/4 ton pickup it didn't drive well at all, front end bouncing up and down and slamming over bumps, the back end was getting loose even with what should be plenty of ballast. You guys can do whatever you want to your trucks, what does fisher know right? They told me not to put a 9'6" stainless extreme V on anything smaller than what it was designed for, an F450. My opinion was that when we tried it I felt it beat the crap out of the front end of my daily driver pickup, and that it created an unsafe driving condition. It plowed better on my dump truck anyway. Just an observation
  10. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

Thanks for the input. I think I'll keep my eyes open for a 9' blade, and not go any larger.
  11. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

My local fisher plow dealer runs a 9'6" on their 2500hd deisel, they love it I know plenty of guys with 3/4 ton diesels and 9'6" V's who love them.