1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

larger than oe tires 06 dually

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by sportfury70, Dec 30, 2012.

1. sportfury70

sportfury70 Junior Member

Hi guys. My buddy has an 06 3500 dually with the original tires. He wants to go to larger tires but does not know how large. The truck is a diesel with oe suspension. Anybody have larger than oe tires on their dually? If so, what size? Got ant pics? Thanks.

Lew.

2. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

How big are you talking? My 3500 dually came with 215/85/16 with stock rims. I put 235/85/16 on with no problem. If he wants even bigger he'll have to invest in some rims with offset to get some extra space between the duals so the tires don't rub each other.

3. sportfury70

sportfury70 Junior Member

2-3 sizes. He would like to go as big as he can without problems with the duals rubbing. Thanks.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Think super single

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I do not own one but have researched this a lot as I love the look of fat tires on the dually. From what I have read and seen a 265 is the largest without spacers and then 285/75 17's will fit but when loaded the tires smoosh out and touch so 1/2"+ spacers are recommended. 315's with 1.5" spacers but then you also need to level it or it will rub.

Tell him to just pony up the cash and do 22.5" Alcoas

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  6. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Tell him to just pony up the cash and do 22.5" Alcoas

My exact thoughts... Big tires are nice but the 22.5's are in a league of thier own. NTM they will last forever on the truck. Usually mine will dry rot before you can wear them out.....