1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

larger bucket for mini ex

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by sven1277, Jan 8, 2013.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Next year I plan on storing salt at my shop.The only machine I know I will have available for loading is my tak 130 mini ex. It weighs about 7600lbs. I have an 18" bucket on it but plan to buy a larger bucket with a smooth cutting edge. I think a 36" will be ok but just wanted some feedbackack. Thanks.

2. tread lightly services

tread lightly services Member

36 will be perfect try not to use it for dirt though it will overload the machine

still might get a little light all the way extended with a bucket of salt.

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

You should be able to do that, just keep your tracks pointed at your vehicle. Remember, if it does get light and wants to tip, better to tip towards a pile of salt than your expensive truck.

4. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Good deal. That's what I figured

5. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

A nice grading bucket should do the job and make $$ in the on season

6. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

a bigger bucket?? like this kinda bigger bucket? ya that ought to fill your spreader with 2 or 3 scoops...its a 36" bucket off a PC160 excavator.

Needed to be welded on to fix it, and didnt have anything but the PC35 to lift it out of my truck with, it worked but man was it sketchy! the little 35 was doing everything it could not to tip over. lol

[​IMG]

7. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I've got an extra skidsteer bucket that I'm adding the bobcat x-change adaptor(250$) to.I want to free up my ss and use it to push snow not just sit in the shop loading salt.The ss bucket is a 72" 1/2 yard, perfect fit! Don't want to spend big bucks for one(1000$ +).Should be nice for loading salt,only problem is I'm the only one with the mad skills to load trucks inside shop without knocking building down:confused:

8. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Lets see some pics of that

9. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Omfg!!! I've never seen anything quite like that! Hahahaha

10. tread lightly services

tread lightly services Member

that picture is priceless!! look at that... half way out and not even the blade down for balance, love the mini excavators!! now that would be your best bet and cheapest route i'll bet get the skid loader bucket adapter and use a 36-44 inch bucket. you probably already have a bucket that will work, just need to buy the adaptor.

11. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

It's on my to do list! I'll post some picks soon.This 12" bucket was from a scatrack mini-x I sold awhile back.Just cut bucket and welded bobcat adapter on,(harder than it looks)

new bucket_2_2.jpg