1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Large Tailgate or sno-ex sp8500

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Dumpster Guy, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Dumpster Guy

Dumpster Guy Member

I have a couple of other posts going now, I'm trying not to start threads for no reason. I have read allot before posting.

I am down to purchase time as we are approaching our winter here and it may freeze soon(ihope). I am pursuing a large contract in which case I will have to go with the snow-8500 or possibly the snow-ex 9500.

But my question if I stayed smaller for this season and went with a large tailgate >like the Meyer Mate (9cuft) or the snow-ex 1875.
    How do they perform next to the larger units.If it's just the loading of the material then I can do the math of how painfull it might be out in the elements. But do they spread the same?

Loading salt is a big challenge for me. I have a SS but it might not be on the same site. I would still purchase bulk but have to put more work in.

Please keep in mind I am in the west coast of canada where we don't get much action but when we do it's good business. Any thoughts?
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

if your not salting a lot i would go with whatever is cheaper and bagged salt