1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

large retail lot-what to charge?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by turfguy87, Sep 22, 2010.

1. turfguy87

turfguy87 Member
    from OHIO

I'm looking to bid on a retail parking lot with an area of about 11,000 yards. Contract requires salting as needed and needs completed before other businesses open in the morning

What's a good contract price estimate for a one year deal including salt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to this.
    There would be 1-2 trucks being used.

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

If you don't know how to bid it then your are in over your head and theirs like 50 million other threads on this same topic, and people are going to tell you basicaly the same thing I am saying, no one is going to tell you what to charge! As for salt charge by the ton.

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

If you could provide a little bit more info it would be helpful. How many furlongs is the longest push? How many rods of sidewalk are there? How many bushels of salt do you figure it will take to adequately salt this area? or are you planning to use liquid? how many gills of liquid de-icer? how many fortnights is your season?

4. turfguy87

turfguy87 Member
    from OHIO

This is the bidding/estimating forum....i meant that i'm fairly new to this site and was wondering what other guys are charging for this type of job..

5. ajslands

What kinds of units of meassure are those :laughing:

6. ajslands

It's not going to be beneficial to you.

Just factor in ALL of your expenses.

7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

the lot is 2 1/4 acres, should take up to 2 hours and 1 1/2 yards of salt. pricing depends on your costs.

what plow did you get for your F450?, and are you using your mini-loader to load bulk salt? for that matter you've never mentioned if you have a salter.

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

that was a cleaver joke because the OP mentioned yards not the more commonly used sqft, least thats how I took it.

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Hilarious!!!!!

:laughing:

10. ajslands

I use inches :laughing: