Snow Plowing Forum banner

large retail lot-what to charge?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ajslands 
#1 ·
I'm looking to bid on a retail parking lot with an area of about 11,000 yards. Contract requires salting as needed and needs completed before other businesses open in the morning

What's a good contract price estimate for a one year deal including salt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to this.
There would be 1-2 trucks being used.

#2 ·
If you don't know how to bid it then your are in over your head and theirs like 50 million other threads on this same topic, and people are going to tell you basicaly the same thing I am saying, no one is going to tell you what to charge! As for salt charge by the ton.

#3 ·
If you could provide a little bit more info it would be helpful. How many furlongs is the longest push? How many rods of sidewalk are there? How many bushels of salt do you figure it will take to adequately salt this area? or are you planning to use liquid? how many gills of liquid de-icer? how many fortnights is your season?

#5 ·
Longae29;1075713 said:
If you could provide a little bit more info it would be helpful. How many furlongs is the longest push? How many rods of sidewalk are there? How many bushels of salt do you figure it will take to adequately salt this area? or are you planning to use liquid? how many gills of liquid de-icer? how many fortnights is your season?
What kinds of units of meassure are those :laughing:

#7 ·
turfguy87;1075703 said:
I'm looking to bid on a retail parking lot with an area of about 11,000 yards. Contract requires salting as needed and needs completed before other businesses open in the morning

What's a good contract price estimate for a one year deal including salt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to this.
There would be 1-2 trucks being used.
the lot is 2 1/4 acres, should take up to 2 hours and 1 1/2 yards of salt. pricing depends on your costs.

what plow did you get for your F450?, and are you using your mini-loader to load bulk salt? for that matter you've never mentioned if you have a salter.

#8 ·
ajslands;1075720 said:
What kinds of units of meassure are those :laughing:
that was a cleaver joke because the OP mentioned yards not the more commonly used sqft, least thats how I took it.

#9 ·
Longae29;1075713 said:
Hilarious!!!!!

:laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.