1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Large Commercial Accounts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lugnut, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Top 3 or 4 threads on here right now are all about bids for large, national management companies dragging their feet and basically being a PITA to deal with. Makes me glad that I only deal with smaller commercial and residential accounts, I always know the people I'm dealing with and a visit or phhone call can put me in direct contact with the decision makers.

2. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I don't like dealing with management companies. I always have to call them 3 times, talk to 4 different people and I still don't get the job. :mad:

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

There are good & bad to both ends of the client list. Dealing with the expectation of several hundred clients is tougher than dealing with a dozen, on the flip side if you loose a few residentials it doesn't hurt like loosing that large account either.
    Management companies add an additional twist the right ones will stick with you, work with you & value you. Others your just a number & if yours isn't right they'll shop till the number works. I still haven't figred out some property management companies though for HOA's especially, they get a flat fee from the HOA, then shop our price & submit to the board, the PM really has no say in the bid award, but when someones bid is 30% lower rather than through it out, they submit & the board of course goes with that. Then they get calls bit%#ing all winter about the crappy service. It creates a ton more work on there end, by not doing a little due diligence in the begining. This isn't cutting grass, people depend on our services for EMS to get to them, & for them to get out to work, etc. If we fall short, people can get hurt physically, &/ or in there pockets, it doesn't just look like crap for a week. You need to figure out which are with you & which "work for the client" & will replace you once there done using (abusing/taking advantage of) you.