1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Large Bid...Need help!!!!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by NoFearDeere, Oct 19, 2006.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, guys. I need alot help on this one. The bid has to be in by tommorow. This is for a ShopKo parking lot, and a big one at that. I included some pictures to help you guys get an idea of what I would be dealing with. Here are they're specifications:

Every price has to be in flat-fee format.

Under 2 inches of average snowfall ---
    Between 2-6 inches of average snowfall ---
    Between 6-10 inches of average snowfall ---
    Over 10 inches of average snowfall should be based on an hourly rate of $__.__ per hour.
    Cost/ton for salting parking lot ---

The entire lot does not have to be plowed all the way back, just 3/4 of the way since the lot, even at christmas time, is only ever 1/2 full. I really don't have a clue how to start this one but I stand a very good shot at the job if i'm in the ballpark on price. The salting portion of the bid should be pretty easy I think. Equipment used will be my '04 F-250 w/ Boss 7.6 and wings, subcontractor has 06 2500HD w/ Boss 8' straight. I will be purchasing a '02 F-550 Dump w/ Boss 9.2 V if I lock this job down. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!

Shop1.jpg

shop2.jpg

shop3.jpg

shop4.jpg

shop5.jpg

2. Brannick's Snow

Brannick's Snow Member
    from ohio

hope you are not buying a truck just for this lot!!

3. NoFearDeere

No, we had a very large snow removal business shut down for good this year so my route has atleast doubled, and if I want I can triple it. I would really like to get this job though, but I need help!:confused:

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i like that lot you can push snow almost anywhere theres no curbs or anything give them a price on the whole thing and itll probably be easier

5. NoFearDeere

Anyone else?

6. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

With you equipment. hopefully you can count on the sub otherwise your screwed. With 2 trucks your looking at 2 hrs max. 2-6 more like 2-3, 6-10 have fun with that but seriously dont let it pile up like that. I wouldnt do a flat rate for 6-10 I would say anything up to 6 is a flat rate and then and increase per inch over that. Costs per ton here by O'hare is running about $125 applied. Are you pre-salting before the storm? Total salt per application is gonna be around 3 tons. Whats your hourly rate per truck? Then you can figure it out from there.

Ken

7. NoFearDeere

Thanks Ken...that helps. I actually have until Monday now i guess.....:dizzy:

8. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Pop, i dont know the pricing in your area. But that is a sweet gravy lot. I hope you get it. Just watch out for those light poles payup . I had a guy back straight into one a few years ago , with a sander in the back no less. I think it cost about $2000. to have it repaired and put back up.

9. NASConst_land

NASConst_land Member

I would say you are looking at 3-4 truck hours if its under 3 inches, and i wouldnt let it get any higher then that because you will have one hell of a snow roll going on if it gets up to 4-6 inches, not to mention your truck is working harder pushing that extra snow.

In the Northwest Ohio area we would get $275 per push on that lot and say $180 Salt, but we are by no means the cheapest there are guys that plow for $35 an hour around here on commercial lots. Just because you are the cheapest doesnt mean you will get the job, sell yourself and your equipment. People like to see nice looking trucks ( Fords) haha j/k and nice equipment plowing their lot.. makes them feel like they are getting what they are paying for.

10. NoFearDeere

The going per hour rate is $65-$75 a truck aroud here. And no, the lot would never get above 3 inches. I would probably pre-salt. I also forgot to say that there is a loading dock around back that would probably take about 15 minutes to clear.

11. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Wow. Going rate for me is above 125 and buddies of mine are about 175.